Students need excellent teaching consistently to close gaps and leap ahead, and teachers need more support to achieve this level of excellence.
Opportunity Culture schools use Multi-Classroom Leadership and age-appropriate technology to extend the reach of excellent teachers and their teams to more students, for more pay—an average of 20% more, and up to 50% more—within regular budgets. Teachers get on-the-job development, time to collaborate, and the chance to lead while teaching. More students experience personalized, high-standards instruction and high growth. Principals and aspiring educators also have new opportunities. Opportunity Culture reaches tens of thousands of students and their teachers annually in multiple states. In 2015–16, 46 percent of Opportunity Culture schools exceeded growth expectations—higher than comparable schools—in some locations doubling the rate of schoolwide high growth compared to their state overall.
Visit our Opportunity Culture website here.
See a summary of our Opportunity Culture services here.
Contact us to discuss how we can help you achieve your goals: email@example.com
Public Impact’s Thought Leadership
- 3X for All (2009) asked: What would it really take to reach all students with excellent teaching?
- Opportunity at the Top (2011) showed why changing human resource practices is inadequate without role redesign.
- An Opportunity Culture for All (2013) explained how more on-the-job learning and leading, and six-figure teacher pay within regular budgets, can create a more selective, opportunity-rich profession.
- Our Opportunity Culture tools provide step-by-step guidance for designing and implementing an Opportunity Culture.
- Public Impact is now extending Opportunity Culture to principals and educator preparation, and showing how ESSA can support excellence.
We collaborate with partners, funders, and clients to provide:
- Strategic hiring and staffing plans to reach all students with great teachers and principals
- Educator career paths that pay much more, within regular budgets
- Design support for human resource, finance, instructional support, and data systems
Implementation Support and Evaluation
- School redesign facilitation, with each school’s educators, to reach all students with great teaching
- Training for educators in school redesign
- Training for new roles
- Implementation support for human resource, finance, instructional support, and data systems
- Useful benchmark data
- Virtual and in-person educator and policymaker convenings
Research and Policy Advising
- Case studies on aspects of school design and implementation
- Research and papers on policy barriers and new policies to make full-scale implementation and excellence possible for students and teachers