Our national Opportunity Culture initiative makes possible an excellent education for all students and excellent careers for all educators.
Public Impact founded and leads the rapidly growing national Opportunity Culture initiative, which assists pre-K–12 schools in extending the reach of excellent teachers, principals, and their teams to more students, for more pay, within recurring school budgets. Yearlong, paid residencies make on-the-job learning possible for a diverse set of future teachers and principals.
Opportunity Culture: Teaching, Leading, Learning Part 1
What barriers keep teachers and students from experiencing great support and strong learning outcomes? Part 1 of our two-part video highlights some of the barriers that Opportunity Culture models can remove. Part 2 explains how these models provide support for all teachers to reach many more students with excellence, learn more, and earn more.
Opportunity Culture Principles
We work with districts and states that are committed to the five Opportunity Culture Principles:
Teams of teachers and school leaders must choose and tailor models to:
- Reach more students with excellent teachers and their teams
- Pay teachers more for extending their reach
- Fund pay within regular budgets
- Provide protected in-school time and clarity about how to use it for planning, collaboration, and development
- Match authority and accountability to each person’s responsibilities
Our Opportunity Culture implementation team provides:
District and School Technical Assistance
We cost-efficiently guide Opportunity Culture districts and schools to design for results, implement collaboratively, monitor outcomes, and improve to make a positive impact on students and educators. Our technical assistance includes:
- One-on-one support for your district’s Opportunity Culture leader
- Opportunity Culture design sessions for district teams and school teams that include teachers
- Designing financially sustainable roles—from paraprofessionals to multi-school leaders—and pay, so your schools can implement for the long term, within budget
- Training and professional learning sequences for educators in Opportunity Culture roles
- Feedback rounds, analysis, and guidance to monitor and improve implementation
- The Opportunity Culture School Excellence Portal, a virtual planning and communications platform
State and Federal Technical Assistance
If you are a state or federal policy leader interested in establishing an Opportunity Culture initiative, we can help you efficiently design and implement an approach that fits your context and gets results for students.
Our technical assistance includes advising on grant competitions that inspire your public schools, creating and facilitating cohorts of districts designing their Opportunity Culture plans, and advising on policies for initial pilots and scale-up.
We seek district and state partners who are eager to meet or surpass the goal of:
Reaching at least
With at least
percentile student learning growth*…
*On average, compared to 2010 standard growth levels.
of educators are satisfied or highly satisfied.
Visit the Opportunity Culture website to learn more—then start planning your own Opportunity Culture design!