Through our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we seek to create a team that reflects the diversity of the schools we work with.
Likewise, we work with our clients to ensure that all students have access to excellent teaching in equitably funded schools, with a diverse teaching workforce that reflects the student population.
In Our Work
Our commitment to achieving educational excellence for all students inspires and guides all of our work. Among our priorities are leading clients and the field to:
- ensure that all students have access to excellent teaching and advanced academic opportunities; and
- create a diverse teaching workforce that reflects the student population, through both paid residencies and extending the reach of educators in paid, advanced roles.
We value the unique perspectives and experiences of team members, clients, partners, and funders. In our work, we encourage people inside and outside of our organization to respect differences and embrace the value of different perspectives to collaborate in providing educational excellence and strong support for students, educators, and families.
Our Team and Workplace
Achieving dramatic improvements in the education of a diverse student population requires professionals from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain a team that reflects the student population, and to incorporate diversity in the development of our professionals.
We also aim to:
- Provide a welcoming workplace for people of different cultures, ethnicities, religions, economic backgrounds, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Show respect to all people in our communication;
- When possible for each job, encourage team members to work where each person is most productive, and on a schedule that fits varying personal needs; and
- Create a workplace that fosters professional growth and advancement based on excellence, teamwork, and contribution to the mission.
Public Impact is committed to continuing conversations on how social identities and systems impact our world, our clients, and our colleagues. Our diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) policy committee works to create a welcoming workplace where all team members can contribute to our mission and feel comfortable at work doing so.
Our DEI activities include:
- Public Impact’s management annually seeks firmwide input into improvements, including those related to our diversity, equity, and inclusion, through an anonymous all-team survey and an all-team convening.
- Based on this, their own perspectives, and the mission and needs of Public Impact, the DEI policy committee selects several improvements for the firm to make each year.
- Senior managers regularly review pay and work opportunities for racial and gender equity.
- Public Impact provides ongoing opportunities, formal and informal, for team members to meet and discuss DEI topics with colleagues. The firm encourages open discussion and improvements to promote equity and opportunities for all social identities, especially as related to race, gender, and LGBTQ+, in service of the Public Impact mission.