By collecting and analyzing large datasets, we can spot trends for solutions-focused clients.
Public Impact has extensive experience collecting, coding, and analyzing large qualitative and quantitative datasets. These allow Public Impact and our clients to uncover education trends and connections and devise new strategies to boost student learning.
Examples of relevant projects include:
- Constructing databases to track state, district, and charter school responses to Covid-19 school closures.
- Collecting and analyzing descriptive and performance data on all school restarts attempted in the U.S. since 2010.
- Categorizing the school models of all charter schools in the U.S.
- Creating and updating a database of renewal and closure data for all U.S. charter schools.
- Compiling a database to capture the flow of federal, state, and local education funds to charter schools, with a focus on funding for special education students.
- Collecting and coding over 3,000 charter school applications.
North Carolina District Response to Covid-19 School Closures
Public Impact and EdNC published a database showing how North Carolina’s 115 school districts are dealing with Covid-19, tracking shifts in instruction, student support, and operations.