In schools, nothing matters more for students’ success than the quality of the teachers and principals.
Public Impact focuses on practices and policies to generate and empower high-performing teachers and principals: preparing, recruiting, selecting, evaluating, developing, compensating, promoting, and retaining.
What makes our work different?
- We help education leaders select high-impact, financially sustainable changes that pay teachers and principals more.
- We collaborate with educators to ensure strong support for change, while also bringing them the best knowledge from other sectors.
- Redesigning school roles to reach more students with great teachers and principals, and to provide support to all educators, is critical to Public Impact’s work. We lead the nation in this effort with Opportunity Culture.
Contact us to discuss how we can help you achieve your goals: email@example.com
Public Impact’s Thought Leadership
- Professional Development: Learning from the Best (1999) elevated teacher-led development.
- Our school turnarounds work (2005–present) brought competencies of high-performers to K–12.
- Improving Teaching Through Pay for Contribution (2007) brought clarity to this controversial topic.
- Opportunity Culture (2009–present) is demonstrating how to reach more students with great teaching, and how to pay and support educators more; An Excellent Principal for Every School (2016) and Paid Educator Residencies, Within Budget (2016) extend this to principals and educator preparation.
- We show how new teacher-leader roles can deliver The Whole Package to educators and students.
- Teachers in the Age of Digital Instruction (2013) explains why digital education needs excellent teaching and a great teaching profession needs technology.
- We authored cutting-edge toolkits on selection, evaluation, and pay in teacher-led, team-based, technology-enabled schools.
We collaborate with partners, funders, educators, and clients to provide:
Strategy and Design
- Strategic hiring and staffing plans
- Educator career path designs that pay much more, within regular budgets
- Design support for human resource, finance, data, and professional learning systems for great teaching
Implementation Support and Evaluation
- School redesign facilitation, with each school’s educators, to reach all students with great teaching
- Training for new roles, including teachers, teacher-leaders, principals, and support staff
- Implementation support for human resource, finance, data, and professional learning systems
- Support for turnaround teachers, principals, and districts to monitor progress and improve fast
- Premium benchmark data analysis comparing advanced teaching roles to ones that get outstanding results, to guide schools and districts in their choices
- Virtual and in-person educator and policymaker convenings
Research and Policy Advising
- Advising on state policies that support great teaching and leadership
- Research and case studies that lead the field forward
- New solutions when old approaches fall short of excellence for students and their teachers
Select Teachers and Principals Clients
• Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
• Center for American Progress
• Center for Great Teachers and Leaders
|• Center for School Turnaround|
• Council of Chief State School Officers
• Learning Forward
• Opportunity Culture Districts
|• Rural Opportunities Consortium
• The Joyce Foundation
• Thomas B. Fordham Institute
• UVA’s Partnership for Leaders in Education