Our research evaluates impact in pursuit of great outcomes for students.
We stay focused on what makes education better for students, measuring the impact of education initiatives on student outcomes. Public Impact works with clients to identify appropriate outcome metrics; collect and analyze relevant quantitative data, including student performance results, and qualitative data, including surveys and interviews; and disseminate findings.
Our experience with impact research and evaluation includes:
- Case studies of school improvement efforts in Los Angeles and Newark.
- Three-year evaluation of a turnaround leader program in Mississippi.
- Longitudinal analysis of over 200 charter restart turnaround efforts between 2010 and 2018.
- Economic impact analysis of a college preparation program based in Boston, New York, and Chicago.
- Evaluation of North Carolina Laboratory Schools launched by public universities.
Equitable Pandemic Learning Pods? A Glimpse of an Emerging Ecosystem
When Covid forced students to learn from home in spring 2020, families were left largely on their own to figure out how to fill the gaps in school structure and supports, leading to the emergence of learning pods. What supports could make it possible for these small learning communities to continue?
Bottom Line’s Impact: Celebrating 10 Years in New York City
Since 2011, Bottom Line has supported thousands of first-generation New York City students from low-income backgrounds through getting into college to earning their degrees. This report examines the impact the nonprofit has had on its participants and their communities.